To lead Western North Carolina and Northeast Georgia in enjoying Jesus, His people and the journey.
What we Believe
Prentiss believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The following beliefs have been adopted by Prentiss as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Affiliations are advantageous because they offer foundation and accountability structures. However, sometimes affiliations can give you a “tag” that doesn’t fit. The information provided in this section is to let you know that Prentiss is a genuine Spirit-filled, Bible believing church with strong theological roots and is subject to outside accountability. The organizations listed are for the purpose of demonstrating where our roots are; however, Prentiss has its own unique personality and style. We encourage you to try us on, if we don’t fit, just put us back on the rack. The links below will give you more information regarding some of what lies behind the foundation of Prentiss. The following is to give you some insight on why the links are provided.
We are a Church of God (Cleveland, TN) congregation and affiliate. Not only is Pastor JD accountable to elders and deacons of Prentiss, he is also accountable to the Church of God Western North Carolina Administrative Bishop as well as the International Offices of the Church of God.
Ministry Priority #1
Reach out locally and globally with the Gospel.
Ministry Priority #2
Make outrageous efforts to reach and disciple those 0-18.
Ministry Priority #3
Maintain commitment to biblical teaching and spiritual growth.
Ministry Priority #4
Helping people experience daily the power of the Holy Spirit through fellowship, worship and prayer.
Ministry Priority #5
Strive to develop people to prioritize their lives in a way that reflects submission to God through faithful stewardship.
What does this mean for you? Most importantly, you're always welcome at Prentiss Church. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you're at in your faith journey, you'll always be accepted as part of the Prentiss family.
If you have any questions for us, please click the "Contact Us" button below and we'll get back with you!